Cinque Terre, what a passion! A charming land full of treasures, chosen by million of tourists each year, from all over the world, named by Unesco World Heritage: beaches, rocks, colored houses, villages, castles, churches, ancient buildings, paths, cliffs, vineyards in the typical terraces. A multicolored world that you can know in the better way with the useful tips of Arbaspàa Tour Operator from Manarola and La Spezia, from 17 years tourist incoming’s leader, that provides you all the services for a perfect holiday: accommodatons, tours, transfers, boat rentals. Having fun and exploring mindless the paths: you can do it with the advices of this post, realized returning the rules of Carabinieri Forestry Corps and the Park of Cinque Terre to ensure the correct use of the trail network, adding some input from Arbaspàa experience. We will explain how to start in the best way a day on the Cinque Terre’s paths: emotionals and incredible places, that need, due its conformation, to be explored with the right equipment. You will enjoy fantastic landscapes, you will be safe and in the same time you will respect yourself and the environment.
1 Choose your trail according to your physical conditions and technical skills
2. Study the trail characteristics on a topographic map (distance, difference in elevation, springs, fountains, huts, etc.) and verifying the actual practicability of the paths (http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/Esentieri-outdoor.php; the paths marked with the red circle are closed). Study potential alternative routes for the way back.
3. Make sure your clothes and equipment are suitable for the hike’s length and difficulty (spare underwear, fleece jumper, wind jacket, gloves, hat, hiking boots, sunglasses, sun cream, food, water)
4. Don’t forget to include the necessary equipment for potential emergency situations (thermal blanket, headlamp, handy, knife, compass, etc.) as well as a small first aid kit.
5. Don’t go on a hike by yourself, and anyway inform a trusted person about your planned itinerary
6. Consult the weather forecast on the website www.meteomont.org, and constantly keep an eye on how the weather evolves during your hike, especially in terms of wind and temperature. Pay attention on alerts, and and the related information branched out by the Park Authority
7 If you have doubts, go back. It is sometimes better to quit a hike rather than running the risks of bad weather. Please remember that it is however prohibited to walk on the trails in case of adverse weather conditions, as you may endanger yourself and others
8 Take your garbage back with you: don’t leave it along the paths
9 Respect plants and animals. Respect local culture and traditions
10 Don’t leave the marked path
11 In case of emergency, call 112 (first aid service)
12. Always keep your pet on a leash
* To walk along the "Azzurri" trails (just above the sea level) open (chack at the link in point 2) and use the services included in the package, you have to purchase the 5 Terre Trekking Card, which you can buy online at: https://card.parconazionale5terre.it/en
The train, surely the best means of travel to visit the Cinque Terre and be enchanted by the beauty of the Ligurian sea. From March 16th the 5 Terre Express train is in service to travel comfortably between La Spezia Centrale, Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, Monterosso and Levanto with a single single fare ticket, taking advantage of the offer of 100 trains a day, 7 days a week, every 15 minutes